Mission Statement: The Career Development Center provides consistent, quality career and life work planning support for students and alumni of The Evergreen State College.
The Center Provides
- Individual career counseling (for full/part-time students and alumni)
- Interest and skill assessment when appropriate
- Job search resources including employer directories, job listings and weekly job search groups
- Alumni contacts for informational interviews - Alumni Career Educators (ACE)
- Assistance with graduate school advising, planning and applications
- Information and preparation materials for graduate school entrance examinations such as GRE, LSAT, MCAT, GMAT, etc.
- Resume and cover letter assistance, review and critique
- Interview preparation including mock interviews, most frequently asked questions, and interview coaching
- Career exploration using library and computer research materials
- A 300 file website of information and resources with links to various search engines
- A comprehensive career resource library
- Annual graduate school and career fairs
- Alumni placement reports
- Workshops, seminars and special events
- Information and referral
- The Career Development Center maintains information for referral to other student services at the college including Academic Advising, First Peoples' Advising, Health and Counseling Center, KEY Student Services and Access Services for Students with Disabilities.
- Due to the comprehensive nature of the Evergreen transcript, we do not maintain placement files.
Student and Alumni Responsibility
- Please take responsibility for your career and life work planning and follow through.
- Expect to participate fully in the activities, suggestions and exercises designed to support the learning process.
- Please come prepared for appointments and workshops. We ask that you call to cancel if you cannot make your appointment.