Job Search Strategies
Sitting behind your computer searching the online job boards is not an effective way to look for a job. It can certainly be part of a job search strategy, but like investing in the financial markets, diversifying your portfolio of job search techniques will allow you to expand your prospects of finding and securing a rewarding job.
Here is a list of some of the strategies you should use in your job search:
- Researching online job boards
- Conducting Informational interviews
- Utilizing professional networking sites such as LinkedIn
- Attending Job fairs and networking events
- Participating in Internships
- Keeping abreast of current media and business news reports
Rather than concentrating your efforts on just one of these methods, you should apply a mix of these strategies to help you achieve more satisfying results.
For additional assistance with your job search efforts, you are also encouraged to schedule an appointment with one of our career counseling specialists.