After assessing your interests, values, skills, and motivations, there are many different ways to explore career options that may relate well to you. These include:
- Career-related books, journals, periodicals, and videos
- Informational interviews with alumni and other career professionals
- Professional association websites and online resources
- Job fairs and other professional networking events
Evergreen’s multidisciplinary programs and self-designed degrees also give you a huge advantage over students at other colleges and universities. Rather than taking required courses for a particular major, you can choose programs that allow you to explore subjects and disciplines of interest to you, and to seek internships and other applied learning opportunities to gain practical experience.
Some helpful online career exploration resources include:
- WOIS/The Career Information System (call the Career Development Center at 360-867-6193 for an access code)
- Occupational Outlook Handbook
- O*Net OnLine
Online job boards are also good places to explore the types of qualifications and experience employers are seeking to fill their particular positions. For additional assistance, call the Career Development Center at 360-867-6193 to schedule an appointment with one of our Career Advisors.