Business ServicesHome

Your Rights and Responsibilities

A Federal Perkins Loan is a serious legal obligation. When you sign this statement, it means that you have read it and your Promissory Note, and that you understand the terms and conditions to which you are agreeing.

  1. I understand that I must report any of the following changes to the Student Financial Services office at  The Evergreen State College, Olympia, WA 98505: phone (360) 867-6440.
    1. If I drop below half-time, withdraw from school, go on leave, or graduate;
    2. If I return to The Evergreen State College;
    3. If I transfer to another school;
    4. If I change my name;
    5. If I change my address, or my references change their address.
  2. I understand that when I leave The Evergreen State College, I must arrange for an 'exit interview' with the Student Financial Services office.
  3. I understand that I am entitled to a Student Deferment (no interest charged, no payments expected) if I am enrolled at least half-time at this or another school. To receive this benefit, I understand that I must complete a Student Deferment Request form. I understand that I must have my current school's registration office certify my attendance on the form before I submit it to The Evergreen State College's billing agent*.
  4. I understand that my loan payments may be cancelled, deferred, or extended under conditions specified in my Promissory Note, and I agree to notify The Evergreen Evergreen State College's billing agent* if and when such conditions occur.
  5. I understand that this loan will be reported to at least one credit bureau.
  6. I understand that if I fail to repay this loan as agreed, the total loan may become due and payable immediately and that legal action may be taken against me.
  7. I understand that if I cannot make payments on time, I must contact the Student Financial Services office at The Evergreen State College to request other arrangements.
  8. If during my repayment I develop student loan problems that cannot be resolved through normal customer service, I may contact the US Department of Education Office of Student Financial Assistance Programs Ombudsman Office. The Ombudsman Customer Service line is 1-(877)-557-2575. Their website address is
  9. I agree to promptly answer any communication from The Evergreen State College or it's billing agent* in regard to this loan.

*The Evergreen State College currently uses a company called University Accounting Service (UAS) to provide billing services (monthly billing statements, delinquent notices, etc.) for our Perkins Loan borrowers. You may reach UAS directly at 1-800-999-6227 or at their website