Business ServicesHome

Frequently Asked Questions

Why is evergreen charging a convenience fee when paying online?

Evergreen does not charge nor collect the convenience fee.  Evergreen contracted with a third party processor which will charge a 2.75% fee for this service.  They accept Visa, American Express, Discover and MasterCard credit cards.  Please note that a no-cost, secure electronic check payment option is available and requires you to enter your bank routing number and your checking or savings account number.

Will I be dropped from my classes if I do not pay my tuition by the due date?

NO, you will NOT be automatically disenrolled (dropped) from your classes for non-payment; you must drop your classes online if you choose not to attend.   If payment in full is not made by the quarterly tuition deadline a $50.00 late payment fee will be assessed on your account and a one-percent (1%) monthly interest fee will be charged on account balances 30 days past-due.  Additionally, $75.00 late payment fee will be assessed to students with unpaid tuition on the 30th calendar day of each quarter.  

Do my parents have access to my account information, especially if they are paying the bills?

In accordance with the Family Education Rights and Privacy Act of 1974 (FERPA), account and billing information will only be mailed or discussed with the student.   However, students can sign a Release of Information.   

When are billing statements mailed and where are the statements sent?

Evergreen does not generate paper invoices for student account charges.  Email messages are sent to the students' preferred email address around the 5th of each month to notify them of charges or credits on their accounts.  To view the electronic billing statement:

  • Log on to your account
  • Select ‘Web Payment’
  • Go to ‘Your Bills’ select 'view' or 'download'

If your parents and/or another party are responsible for paying your invoice set them up as an 'Authorized User' and they can view your bills when they log on the the payment site. Please complete a Release of information so we can speak with your 'Authorized User' about your bill.  

Is there a payment plan available for tuition?

Yes, the 2015-2016 plan will be available for enrollment through starting June 2015 (Summer quarter is not included in this plan).  A one-time non-refundable fee of $40.00 is due at the time of enrollment.  The first installment payment is due August 1, 2015 the last payment will be due April 1, 2016. 

Is there a charge for parking on campus?

Yes, permits are required for all lots on the Olympia campus, including the residential lots.  Parking decals can be purchased at the Parking Services office located in the Seminar I Building Room 2150.  Go to Parking for more information on decals and rates. 

Does The Evergreen State College provide student health insurance?

No, health insurance is not provided by the college.   Students can check the Affordable Care Act (Obamacare) for mandatory plan options.

How can students obtain a verification of tuition payment for reimbursement purposes?

You may contact our office by phone or e-mail with your request, and we will provide you with the necessary documentation.

How can students obtain a verification of enrollment for insurance, scholarship or employment purposes?

Log on to your account and follow these links:

  • Registration
  • Student Clearinghouse Self-Service
When is tuition statement information (1098-T) for federal tax deduction of educational expenses sent?

1098-T statements will be mailed by January 31st.  Tax information will be sent directly to the student, so it is important to keep mailing addresses current on your account.  To view 1098-T information online, log on to your account and follow these links:

  • Student Financial Services
  • Tax notification (enter tax year)
My student loan has not been deposited into my account, who do I call?

You should contact the Financial Aid Office or your lending institution to verify the status of your loan and whether all steps in the process have been completed to allow your funds to be sent to The Evergreen State College.

Can Student Accounts tell me when my funds will arrive from the lender?

No, we are on the receiving end of the funds just as you are. We can only determine when your excess check may be available after the loan is disbursed into your account by the Financial Aid Office.

I am expecting a scholarship but it is not in my student account, what do I do?

You should contact your scholarship donor to verify that the funds have been sent to us. You can contact the scholarship coordinator in our office at 360-867-6303 if you need assistance.  Be sure to report all scholarship awards to the Financial Aid Office if you have been awarded other federal aid.

How do I tell if I have a financial aid refund available?

Log on and view your student account detail in your account.   When you see a line item with the description "Refund", this indicates that a check or a direct deposit has been processed.  Students who enroll in eRefund should see their credit deposited to their bank account within two business days of the student account refund transaction.  College issued checks are sent to the mailing address you have listed on your account.  

Can I have my financial aid excess check mailed to me?

ALL refund checks are sent to the mailing address listed on, unless you enroll in eRefund.  We strongly recommend students enroll in eRefund to receive their financial aid excess funds (or any student account refunds).  We do not hold financial aid checks for pick-up at the Cashier's Office.

What do I do if I lose my student ID card and it has my meal plan on it?

If you lose your ID card come to our office as soon as possible to cancel the lost card so it cannot be used by another person. There is a $25.00 charge for replacing the meal card.

If I leave housing do I have to keep my meal plan?

If you leave campus housing you have the option of canceling your meal plan. You must contact the Residential and Dining Office in order to cancel your plan.   Meal plans are not stopped/de-activated automatically when you leave Evergreen housing and no refunds or cancellations are made the last thirty (30) days of the quarter.