How to Register
Finding your registration date and class standing
- Log in to my.evergreen, click "Registration," and click " "
- If you have questions about your registration date or class standing, contact the Registration office.
Choosing Your Program
- Make sure you're looking at the 2014-15 catalog on-line.
- Then click the "Searching & Filtering Options" drop-down, and:
- set "Starting Quarter" to "Fall";
- set "Class Standing" to your class level;
- If you plan to be a full-time student, set "Credits" to 16 or 12. You may also search for part-time programs (8 credits) or for 2 or 4 credit classes.
- Read through the programs and make a short list of your top picks. You should always have some back-up options in case your top pick fills up.
- A few programs have signature requirements, and in those cases the catalog page should tell you what you need to do in order to obtain a signature from the faculty member. If you aren't sure whether you're going to get the signature when your registration date and time rolls around, be sure to get registered for one of your back-up choices! Then you can drop/add if you do get the signature.
- Once you have your list of top picks, write down the Course Reference Number (CRN) for each. This is listed on the right side of the catalog description. Make sure you choose Fall Quarter and the CRN for your class level. For example, if you wanted to register in Poet-Philosophers/Philosopher-Poets, you would use 10180, 10181, or 10182, depending on whether you're a sophomore, junior, or senior, as shown below:
To get into the on-line registration system, first you must log into your my.evergreen.edu account. Please do a test log-in a day or two ahead of time, to make sure you remember your username and password. You can reset a forgotten password on-line, or set up your account if you haven't done so already.
Once you're in my.evergreen.edu, click the "Registration" link, and then click "Register for and/or Drop Classes Here."
You'll be asked to select the term for which you're registering; make sure it's set to Fall 2014.
If you click "Submit" prior to 8:00 am on your registration date, you'll see a screen that displays your open enrollment times (what we call your "Time Ticket"). The one below is for a senior; juniors will see May 20, and sophomores will see May 21.
On the morning of your registration date, you should get on line and log in a few minutes before 8:00 am (Pacific Time). As soon as 8:00 rolls around, instead of the above screen, you will get one that looks like the one below. Right away, type the CRN number for your first-choice program into the text box, and click "Submit Changes."
If everything goes well, you should right away get a screen telling you you are "Web Registered" and indicating number of credits:
If your first-choice program has filled by the time you register, however, you'll get a screen that looks like this:
If that happens, click the "Action" drop-down, select "Wait Listed," and click "Submit."
Then, immediately register for your back-up program.
If you end up waitlisted for your first-choice program, don't despair! There is a lot of registration movement over the summer, and you may well move up and into your preferred program by the time fall quarter starts. Some things to keep in mind:
- You can always check your position on a waitlist by logging into my.evergreen.edu, clicking "Registration", and then clicking "Student Registration Details."
- If you rise to the top of a waitlist and a spot opens up in the program, our Registration office will automatically drop you from the program you're registered for, and add you to the one you're waitlisted for. This means that you should be certain that whatever you're waitlisted for is the program you would truly prefer! If you change your mind after registering, you can always go back and use the "Register for and/or Drop Classes Here" screen to drop your waitlisted program.
- For help with choosing a program, call Academic Advising at 360-867-6312.
- For help with the registration system, call Registration at 360-867-6180.