Events & Workshops
- Academic Fairs
- Academic Planning Workshop
- Community Opportunities & Internship Fair
- Primetime - Evening Advising Workshops
- International Student Orientation
- Legislative Internship Information Session
- Master in Teaching (MiT) Information Sessions
- New Student Orientation
- Reservation Based Program Advising
- Study Abroad
- Transfer Advising Day
Each quarter prior to registration for the following quarter, faculty gather in a common space to answer questions and distribute materials for their program or course. Students have the chance to ask faculty questions, pick up materials such as the course syllabus and evaluate their choices. Academic Fairs occur in the College Recreation Center (CRC). More info on the Academic Fair.
The Academic Fair for Fall 2013 Quarter will be Wednesday, May 15, 2013.
In this workshop, students learn some basic information about planning their own academic pathway through the Evergreen curriculum, and connect with academic advisors and other resources to help them along the way. Our goal is to help students to be more successful - not only in completing their degrees but also in being prepared for employment or further study in their chosen fields.
If you were unable to attend a workshop during Orientation, please do sign up for the session of your choice below.
Spring 2013 - Academic Planning Workshops
|Wednesday, April 10||3:00-5:00 pm
||SEM II B-1105|
|Tuesday, April 16||6:00-8:00 pm||LIB 2310|
|Wednesday, April 17||3:00-5:00 pm||SEM II B-1105|
|Monday, April 29||3:00-5:00 pm||SEM II B-1105|
|Wednesday, May 8||3:00-5:00 pm||SEM II B-1105|
|Monday, May 13||3:00-5:00 pm||SEM II B-1105|
|Monday, May 20||6:00-8:00 pm||LIB 2310|
|Wednesday, May 22||3:00-5:00 pm||SEM II B-1105|
|Wednesday, June 5||3:00-5:00 pm||SEM II B-1105|
Visit the Fair page for more information on this event. Meet with representatives of community organizations and learn about internship, employment or volunteer opportunities.
International Students - US Taxes and OPT Information
- Friday, April 5, 2013 - 3:00-5:00pm - SEM II B-2107
These internships offer undergraduate juniors and seniors the opportunity to work closely with the Washington State Legislature during session. They help students understand the legislative process and gain professional work experience. Unpaid, but well worth it! Applications are available online during the fall quarter.
Master in Teaching (MiT) Information Sessions
Learn how to plan for Evergreen's MiT program and Washington State teaching endorsement and certification requirements. Please read the MiT catalog and complete an appropriate endorsement worksheet to the best of your ability before this meeting. Bring your transcripts with credit equivalencies, if possible. For more information call 360.867.6559 or visit the website: www.evergreen.edu/mit.
For more information on the next Orientation, please visit the Orientation page.
Primetime Academic Learning Center offers a variety of workshops, advisement, writing assistance and other information to Evergreen students. For more information on our services or events visit Primetime Advising.
- Saturday, April 6, 2013 - 12:00-1:30pm - The Longhouse Education & Cultural Center
- Saturday, April 27, 2013 - 12:00-1:30pm - The Longhouse Education & Cultural Center
- Saturday, May 18, 2013 - 12:00-1:30pm - The Longhouse Education & Cultural Center
- Saturday, June 8, 2013 - 12:00-1:30pm - The Longhouse Education & Cultural Center
Find out about study at universities abroad, options for study abroad programs, and planning for independent study through individual contracts. Also check out the Study Abroad web-site for more information.
Spring Quarter 2013
- Study Abroad Information Session - Wednesday, April 10, 2013 - 3:00-4:00pm - SEM II B-2107
- Study Abroad Information Session - Wednesday, April 17, 2013 - 3:00-4:00pm - SEM II B-2107
- Study Abroad Information Session In Primetime - Tuesday, May 7, 2013 - 6:00-7:30pm - LIB 2310
Fulbright Scholarship Program Workshop - Post BA/BS Study
- Wednesday, May 1, 2013 - 6:00-7:30pm - SEM II B-2107
- Wednesday, June 19, 2013 - 6:00-7:30pm - SEM II A-3107
Pre-Departure Orientation & Travel Waiver Workshops
- Wednesday, April 3, 2013 - 3:00-5:00pm - SEM II B-2107
- Wednesday, May 8, 2013 - 3:00-5:00pm - SEM II B-2107
- Wednesday, May 22, 2013 - 3:00-5:00pm - SEM II B-2107
- Wednesday, May 29, 2013 - 3:00-5:00pm - SEM II B-2107
- Wednesday, June 5, 2013 - 3:00-5:00pm - SEM II B-2107
- Wednesday, June 12, 2013 - 3:00-5:00pm - SEM II B-2107
For more information on Transfer Advising Day, please visit the Transfer Advising Day page.