Vision, Values and Alignment
VisionOur vision is to be recognized for a pivotal leadership role in:
- Supporting Evergreen’s long-term success in balancing access for Washington residents with the realities of our existing and potential revenue streams.
- Enhancing Evergreen’s unique position and appeal as a public, interdisciplinary liberal arts college.
- Generating prospective student interest and affinity leading to financially and academically sustainable enrollment levels.
- Garnering statewide and national recognition for Evergreen as a model of educational innovation worthy of support by a range of public and private supporters.
- Building sustainable income streams that underwrite teaching and learning at Evergreen inside and outside the classroom.
- Cultivating the college’s most valuable and powerful strategic relationships with business,
community, educational, cultural, and political leaders
- Planning and executing fundraising efforts that exceed expectations.
With a spirit of professionalism, and in an environment that encourages teamwork and personal growth, College Advancement commits to these values:
Excellence — We take pride in our work and strive for the highest quality.
Innovation — We empower ourselves and others to be risk-takers and reach beyond the current paradigm; we are open to change and creative new ideas in fulfilling our mission.
Continuous Learning — We understand the principles and concepts underlying our work and take initiative to learn and inform others of established and emerging “best practices” within our varied disciplines.
Transparency and Accountability — As stewards of the public trust, we ensure that promises to our supporters are fulfilled and that we are transparent in our practices.
Ethical Action — We adhere to high ethical standards; our work is underpinned by trust, honesty and integrity; and we respect privacy and confidentiality. We cultivate a working culture that eschews blame and simultaneously encourages accountability for one’s actions.
Relationships and Customer Service — Positive, lifelong relationships underpin the work of our division and therefore we strive to ensure that all of our relationships receive an appropriate level of care and attention.
Collaboration — Our work is driven by collaboration with partners on and off-campus, therefore our working practice is driven by a spirit of collaboration.
Return on Investment and Efficiency — We always take a measured, analytical approach to ensure that we achieve the maximum return on investment for our time, financial and intellectual resources.
Personal Initiative — Team members exhibit leadership qualities regardless of their position in the institution and take personal initiative in order to deliver the best outcomes for our constituents and for the college.
Alignment with Evergreen’s Strategic Mandates
As a division, College Advancement is responsible for contributing to the college’s strategic mandates as set out in The Evergreen State College Strategic Plan 2007-2011. Together these mandates express the institution’s aspirations and highest priorities – to achieve a position of regional and national distinction, broad support and preferred choice. Such a position is expressed by the enthusiastic and proactive decisions of
• students to apply, enroll, and attend and graduate;
• parents and influencers to recommend;
• friends and alumni to assist and donate to;
• corporations and foundations to partner with and sponsor;
• legislators to advocate for; and
• regional residents and businesses to talk up and support.